By Walter Munday
Riverside, the Farnsley-Moremen Landing hosted their annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner on Tuesday, February 28, 2017, to honor their dedicated 2016 Volunteers.
Approximately 60 people attended the event including State Representative Charlie Miller and Louisville Metro Councilwoman Cindi Fowler.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Trisha Smith-Kolb was unanimously awarded the Riverside, the Farnsley-Moremen Landing 2016 Volunteer of the Year.
- Volunteers range from age 9 to 90.
- Riverside hosted several community events in 2016. Those include: Riverside Plant & Herb Sale, Mayor’s Derby Brunch On the River, Family Farm & Forage Day, Ice Cream Social, Halloween Trick or Treat and Old-Fashioned Family Holiday Festival.
- Riverside welcomed 56,834 people to the property in the last calendar year.
- Riverside had at least 198 individuals volunteer here over the course of the year. They included all of the regular volunteers as well as large groups from GE and Humana for special project days.
- Total volunteer hours worked are estimated to be at least 2,745 for 2016! Volunteers help with mailings, tours of the historic house, school field trips, summer cultural pass days, special events, office work and gardening.
Riverside and Historic Locust Grove are the two historic properties operates by Louisville Metro Parks and Recreation.